Dear Biryani Lover,
I am glad you landed on the best Mutton Potli Biryani Recipe Ever.
Keeping a Biryani lover is always a challenge because the bar is always so high. In fact, I am surrounded by such people and they are quite a critic of my work. This is why the Mutton Potli Biryani has attained perfection.
Also See: Mutton Masala Biryani
I have been making this type of Biryani from over a decade, and it has gone through several iterations to earn the batch of the Best Mutton Potli Biryani.
I am certain that if you make this recipe, everyone is going to love it, even if they are not a Biryani lover like yourself.
Prepare this amazing recipe by following carefully the process mentions, or simply watch the video preparation of this recipe which is to the point.
Always remember, it’s a practice which makes a man (or a woman for that matter) Perfect.
Now go and enjoy your biryani. and Come back for more. 🙂
Best Mutton Potli Biryani Recipe Ever | Nonveg Recipes
- 1/2 kg Mutton
- 750 ml Water
- to taste Salt
- 3 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 sliced Onion
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1/2 inch piece Cinnamon stick
- 5 Cloves
- 3 Cardamom green
- 2 Cardamom brown
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (to grind)
- 6 cloves Garlic ( to grind)
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger ( to grind)
- 2 Cloves( to grind)
- 2 Cardamom green( to grind)
- 1 Cardamom brown( to grind)
- 8 Blackpepper( to grind)
- 1 Onion( to grind)
- 1/4 of a flower Mace( to grind)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 sliced Onion
- 8-10 slit Green chili
- 3 cup soaked Basmati rice
- 1/2 cup Fried onion
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Kewra water
- small pinch food color red
- 1.Take a muslin cloth and add fennel seeds, coriander seeds, garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon stick, black pepper, cardamom green and brown and tie the knot.
- put potli, mutton water, and salt. close the lid of a pressure cooker and pressure cook it on a high flame for one whistle then low the flame and cook for the other 15 minutes.
- open and take out the mutton pieces in a separate bowl and keep the liquid for later use.
- Heat oil in a wok and add onion and fry it till it is translucent in color. Add the ground paste (ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom green and brown, black pepper, and mace). Cook it on a high to medium flame till it shows oil separately.
- Add slit green chili.
- Add cooked mutton pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add reserved water and rice. check salt, add more if necessary.
- Cook it on a high flame till it boils. Add( kewra plus food color), mint leaves, and fried onion. Keep the flame low and cook it till the rice cooked properly.